Winter Wonderland

Alexa Schulte, Staff

Winter Wonderland was on Saturday, Dec. 9 and it has been an annual event put on by the Beta and Interact clubs for three years. Students in these clubs or those looking for community service hours volunteered by making holiday-themed carnival games for children to play. There was also a visit from Mrs. Claus and a letter from Santa addressed to all the children who attended.

“It was an incredible success. We saw over 100 future Falcons come in and even some students from Kearney and other areas who were actually here to see the wrestling tournament but realized Winter Wonderland was going on,” said Beta and Interact club sponsor Barbara Madden.

There were various activities for the kids: coloring, bowling, pin the arms on the snowman, bean bag toss, karaoke and more.

“There were a lot of activities that went very well. I love to interact with kids, so it was fun. My favorite part is getting to see all the little kids playing the games and smiling,” said freshman Megan Simcoe.

Winter Wonderland is held every year typically during the wrestling holiday bazaar. The entire day was filled with games and activities for the kids, along with shopping at the holiday bazaar and the wrestling tournament.

“It went very well.  Lots of children came by, and it was just a lot of fun in general. I wouldn’t change much of it for next year, but I do wish we had more than just the Flex auditorium. But it was really fun,” said Beta club vice president sophomore Elijah Tang-Spigelman.  

Winter Wonderland was held in the flex auditorium with a Christmas tree and a meet and greet visit from Mrs. Claus. Madden she said hopes to have an even bigger turnout in the upcoming years.

“It was just so much fun because you could see the kids were excited to meet Mrs. Claus, and they still had that sense of Christmas surprise you could just tell. So, it was a lot of fun,” said Madden.